Sunday 28 October 2007

Some Bex's Challenges.. trying to catch up!

Hi folks.
I have had a non productive few days, mainly due to not feeling too well... so thought Iwould take a visit onto Bex's forum to try to catch up with some challenges.
OCTOBER - CHALLENGE 3 OLD & NEW

for this challenge we want you to do 2 things - yes 2 things we are asking for 2 fantastic items one with old paper - you know the stuff you hate and really do not want to use and one with new paper
The top one... Wedding Day... is one I have made out of new paper. It is a Dovecraft paper pack, weddings.. luscious papers in there! The bottom one, the halloween one, I made with papers I won a while ago for having cards printed in Beautiful Cards magazine. I didn't really know what to do with the papers until now.. quite seasonal I thought.

BIG CHALLENGE 12 - Land and Sea

This challenge is all about getting down to earth. I would like you to make something but in the colours of the land or sea or both.


For this card I used the new Papermania Designer Card pack, and a See D set I had. I just thought the greeting was great.. lol.. could just be my sense of humour of course. lol.

BIG CHALLENGE 3 - Blooming Christmas

This is rather special challenge.... The challenge is.. Flowers are generally associated with spring and summer but they can also be so christmassy too. So for this next challenge lets see all your blooming gorgeous christmas cards...all flowers welcome
For this one I used a Craft Tonic card in pink and cut it at a wonky angle. I then cut a piece of candy striped paper and inked around the edges with some Distress Ink. I used chalk ink in lilac to stamp a docrafts bauble background onto the paper, added some flowers courtesy of Dunelm Mill, a piece of ribbon and a greeting printed in the same lilac ink.

FRIDAY NIGHT CHALLENGE 12th OCTOBER - Alternative Xmas

It's time for another Friday night (well, afternoon) challenge with a Christmas theme! We like to keep you busy........... This time, we'd like you to make 5 Christmas cards using patterned paper - but NOT Christmas-themed paper
This is a Craft Tonic DL card, Hampton Art simple snowflake stamp. I am unsure what make the big Santa stamp is, multi tonal lilac pigment ink, small piece of ribbon and a cherub charm.


This was made from Die Cuts with a View paper, a hand folded christmas tree and some glitter glue. ... block prints pad I think.

This one I used Papermania DL cards, the Docrafts Christmas snowflake stamp and enchanted gold embossing powders (parts of which were deliberately overheated to create a water marked effect), the papers were Papermania Pastel prints pad. I used gold and silver glitter glue and some sticky ribbon to add decoration and sparkle!

This one I was trying a new technique.. creating a file folder in the centre of the card.. and I must say, it worked quite well. If anyone wants the instructions, just email me. In the file section in the middle, I have cut an aperture using the shape cutter and hung a Papermania decoration in the centre. The front was just plain background papers and a new Docrafts Christmas stamp, embossed with Sea Foam White embossing powders.

OCTOBER CHALLENGE 5 ...... a CHRISTMAS template...maybe

and another... you KNOW what to do twist it flip it shrink it
I'm having a few problems uploading the template.. but here's what I made with it..

The card is a metallic card, the stamp is Hampton Arts snowman (isn't he cute!!), the papers were Papermania christmas papers.
Well... that's about it for now.. back in a while to catch up on my next challenge pictures..

1 comment:

  1. You've been very busy, Jo - super selection of cards.

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips