Tuesday 3 January 2012

Whoops...

Come on.. own up.. who stole my time??

It seems so long since I managed to get online to share any projects - although what I've been working on for the past few weeks I can't share as yet.. some were for the upcoming Creativity magasine, others are for some Create and Craft shows that are on on Thursday.. so as you can guess, things are anything but quiet.

I had also wanted to nip on to wish you all a very Happy New Year.

Thank you so much for all your visits this past year, it's been lovely having you visit me ol' blog, and leaving wonderful comments and emails along the way. Link
I will be sorting out my blog over the next week or so, there are new things going to appear on here, things are being reorganised and sorted all ready for 2012! So, watch this space..

I've also made my list of Resolutions - some of which are the same as last year..

1. Get more organised.
2. De-clutter as I go.
3. Out with the old, and in with the new.
4. Take more photographs - and maybe scrapbook them?!

There are others there as well, but the first three are my priority.

Number one - will be helped with my favourite blog, Philofaxy. There is always loads of information on there that is useful, as well as links to other organisational blogs. And of course, I loves me filofaxes!

Number two - well, I started this just before Christmas. I sorted and categorised some of my stamps that are always hung in the craft room. I also threw out lots of bits of paper that I'd kept 'just in case!'.

Number three - well, where to start with this one? This is my main promise to myself.. Out with the old..... I've often kept in touch with folks because I felt I ought to. This year, carrying on with something I started a few years ago, I am no longer going to keep trying with friendships that simply aren't working. And I am going to treasure friendships made along the way, where despite everything, are still special.

Sometimes, it seems to be ME that makes all the effort, and for my own sanity, this has to stop! I can't keep calling people to say HI because they said they'd ring me and they haven't.... So for 2012, this is not going to happen.

As for the 'in with the New'... well, the opportunities are there to be taken, and they will be. I have been asked to do a few things in the last couple of months that I thought were a bit out of my comfort zone, but in fact, it's just confidence in myself that was lacking. I often over-think things and end up sending myself dotty! But now, I'm going to try not to over think. Just get on with it. Be more positive about my abilities. And go forward!

I have achieved so much this past 12 months, as I say, and it's obviously just a mind over matter. So, watch this space..

Whatever your Resolutions are, please share them with me.. it would be lovely to hear them.

And any hints and tips on organisation - let me know! I need all the help I can get! And of course, a new Page is going to be created to give hints and tips I find out. lol.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, love your new years resolutions, they make sense (always a good thing!) look forward to seeing you at Derby on the 7th Jan, hope you are doing ok after your op, you certainly look absolutely great. You have inspired me so much and I thank you for that! Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your new years resolutions, the shows on c&c today were fab, great demos
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips