Friday 4 July 2014

Cricut meets Tonic!

Isn't it funny... when you start playing with things in the craft room, how one thing tend to lead to another!

I absolutely love the new sentiment panels from Tonic, and the matching dies, so this was my starting point. I was playing around with the new Christmas ones and layering them up. I did a shadowing with a piece of pink cardstock and then decided to keep the background quite simple. 


Looking through my cartridges for the Cricut the other day, I saw this shape on my Christmas one. I also had some cricut markers that I've had for a while, so thought I would give them a go. 

The marker I chose was a brown colour, and I scaled up the image to draw around 5 inches. I love the fact you can watercolour over the drawn image too... so I used a distress marker to add a pink shade to the image. 

I added some liquid pearls to the design too, and edged it with a little bit of glitter to add some bling. 

And look at the sentiment... isn't the font just awesome! I love these panels. 


The panel itself is white based, which means that you can colour it, ink it, spritz it - generally, do what you want to it colourwise. I chose to edge it with a little bit of gold ink to shade it to the cream of the Centura pearl that I'd used to draw the image onto. 


And that is my post for today. I loved making this card. I loved getting creative with the cricut even more.... technology isn't really my strong point (unless it comes to photoshop and photo editing! lol) so I really feel like I've achieved a little bit of success with this card. 

I hope you like it too... how do you mix your crafting stash? Let me know... I'd love to hear about your 'cross-purposing'!

Until next time... happy Crafting xxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful start to your christmas card makes, lovely colojrs and shapes :-)

    Hybrid crafting is huge, i love to use my Pazzle Inspiration electronic die cutting machine for cutting specific shapes and writing onto card stock, then colour with acrylic paints or similar.

    Since i got my X-Cut Xpress from you in Feb at Event City i love using my Sizzix/other dies very much especially for embossing.

    I also love to sew onto card stock and make fabric panels which can be used as backgrounds for matting and layering.

    I really enjoy digital crafting also as you can achieve blending and more easier than using ink pads, print these out, stamp onto them, add sewing and or beads...

    Breathe now..... I really enjoy hybrid crafting :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips