Monday 13 October 2014

Lettice have a lattice....

Funny name... couldn't resist that. Sorry... lol. 

Yes. I'm back. After having a bit of a mini confidence crisis issue this past week, I thought I would get on my old bloglet and have a looksie to see what I can do to freshen it up. First things first though, I've decided to upload a few cards. 

You know what it's like, something throws a curveball and one minor thing (like no mirror in the bathroom!) turns everything into a major disaster, and suddenly life is in crisis, confidence is at an all time low and you consider throwing in the towel and getting a job at the local shop! Yes. That was me. It happens. 

Anxiety and panic attacks really aren't the best things to deal with from day to day, although the Citalopram tends to help quite a bit to keep things on track, although things get to me sometimes. I hate not being in control. I hate not having a mirror in my bathroom! My bathroom is having a MAJOR overhaul and is going to look stunning... and I can't wait.... !

Anway, those who suffer with anxiety and panic attacks on a day to day basis, know how this feels... something that happened in the past few years with work issues (which the least said about the better, although life is happier without that side of my day to day!) but still, onto my projects for today..... 


The card above is one of my all time favourites. I love the image, which is from the Hobby House, and I love the layout. Simple, stylish and clean. The dies I've used on here are the new Square trellis dies by Tonic and also the Verso dies, To my Little Star which as you can see work wonderfully together.

The card below features another of the Trellis dies....


This time, I have used another beautiful Hobby House topper and layered it up onto the top of the Circle Trellis dies... aren't they stunning? Instead of using white as the back or foreground, I chose to use colour on colour which I think sets out the colours in the image.


Now.... this card here features a few different dies.... again, I have chosen to use the beautiful Trellis square and I've used the fantastic Idyllics creations too.

The Idyllics are a new concept to Tonic, and consist of an embossing folder with coordinating dies. The one I've used on this card here is the Jasmine Dream. The elements of the Idyllics are the the background embossing on the white card, and also the band that goes across the centre of the card.

The squares were placed at the back and on top of the central band and on the top is the large lacy bow that I cut from the die. You get different inserts for the bow sections, so if you don't want it split as I have done, you can cut a whole lacy section.

Well... that feels better to have a little moan on my ol' bloglet.... even if it isn't easy typing with a plaster covering the big hole on my pointy finger... yes. I cut a chunk out of that too. And burnt my arm. And scratched my glasses. Aren't I doing well!!!!!

I will be sure to see you again soon to share more samples - providing nothing goes disastrously wrong!!! lol.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards as always, me likey lattice dies :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo your cards are gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxiety and panic attacks are awful, i have them when too many people around like at craft show which is why i always visit the first day when it's most quiet... Gentle hugs being sent your way and healing vibes for all other bits and bobs. Sounds like you are exhausted & over tired, hope you can get some rest very soon.

    As for your cards they are sensational, love the colour on colour and the new dies are fab.

    I sent you a picture of a card i made over Twitter, not seen you on there for an age but i know how busy you are. PLEASE TAKE CARE!!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are just gorgeous! I have been watching some recorded Tonic C&C demos that you did, and you come across as supremely confident! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips