Thursday 25 June 2015

Inky fingers.....

Hello again.... how are we all?

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit tired today - must be the heat of this funny 'sun' thing that is up in the sky. I always tend to feel a bit washed out when it's warm, well, that plus the fact that my vitamin B6 probably needs another boost! But hey!

We can't grumble about the weather though can we? It's been really lovely this past week. Just a few showers to water the plants out in the garden, and lots of drying weather for the washing. Perfect all round I'd say. However I do have one gripe - the gnats have come out in force!! My arms look like a bloomin' dot to dot pattern, although I can't quite work out what it would be if you joined all the itchy, sore, red annoying bites!!!

I have been busy this week making samples for work, and also a collection for an upcoming magasine issue, so have enjoyed my playtime in the craft room. This card for today is one that I made for the Rococo Christmas release and it's one of my favourites because I got a little bit inky and messy with it. 


I started by choosing some ink colours, and I used Distress inks in various shades of pink, lime green and brown. This was the basis of my colour theme. I wanted fresh and zingy and these are two of my favourite colours used together.

I die cut the snowflake to begin with and trimmed down all the layers for the square panels on the card. The white layer I taped down onto my glass mat using low tack tape and started to add colours through the snowflake, using it as a stencil. I brushed the colours on with the Inkylicious dusting brush - these are fab!!

Once I was happy with the colouring on the card, I released the tape and dusted around the edges to hide the white marks.


The Verso Wreath was cut from layers of white, pink and green and stuck together using 3d foam pads for that little bit of dimension. The outside was cut from the scalloped circle layering dies. 


The Yuletide Greeting in the centre was cut from the offcuts out of the wreath, and drop shadowed to give it some dimension. As you can see from the wreath detail, I turned the layers just slightly to give it a more leafy edge.

I love the colours on this card... and you know, with the wreath, the snowflake AND the gingerbread man, I could be almost tempted to get started on my own Christmas Cards... !

Now. That's a thought!

Until next time... happy crafting y'all... xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips