- Cut your base card to 8" x 6".
- Use the Layer Perfect tool to cut layers of mirror card to 7.5" x 5.5" and the papers to 7" x 5".
- Use an offcut strip of paper to add the detail down the side, it doesn't matter what width and add mirror and white card down the edges. Stick your snowflakes to the card and trim edges.
- Stick these layers to your card with your Tape Runner.
- Stamp and colour your image as detailed above. Foil the image if required.
- Add shading around the outside of the image with distress inks if you want a nice vintage look.
- Trim to leave a small edge and layer with mirror card and white card. Use Silicone glue to the back of the topper to give height and attach to your card.
- Cut out the remaining leaves and shape with your fingers to give it a curl. Add silicone glue to the back and add to your card. Add some white dots to give details.
- Tie a large luscious bow and attach this, a flower and your sentiment board to the card with silicone glue.
Friday, 21 October 2016
How are you all doing? Things this week have been a bit busy - not too bad - just sorting out show products for upcoming hours on Hochanda, and also been out and about visiting a very lovely person... but more on that another time!
Today, I thought I would share a little project I've made for Stix 2, and I've used a few other Woodware bits on there... and a little bit of watercolouring. Who doesn't love putting away the alcohol pens and getting back to watercolour. It's such an easy way to start - don't get worried with your colouring with pens, they can be a little daunting...
So here is the project for today.
I will give you a full list of what I've used at the end, but I started by stamping the beautiful Jolly Holly stamp with cloudy grey Stazon ink. I used stazon because I needed a permanent outline as I was watercolouring, and I chose Cloudy Grey so it wasn't too harsh against the vintage papers.
I coloured the stamped image in with Brunzeel Aquarel Expressions pencils - boy, these are gorgeous! They don't leave harsh lines, but if you are in any doubt about any pencils you have, just scribble off the point of the pencil to give you a softer start.
After I coloured the bauble with the pencils, I took a little darker colour on the brush direct from the pencil and added shading to the side edges. As you can see, there is also a little glitter on there. This was from adding some of the Sakura Stardust pens and painting them out with water to spread the glitter.
I had stamped two lots of the foliage around the swirl and coloured these in the same way with the pencils. I cut them out so I could add dimension to the finished card with the silicone adhesive.
I added some shading around the bauble and the swirl by using a charcoal pencil and I blended it out with a paper stump. I chose to add some extra colour to the swirl with a Micron pen, and then used my Stix 2 2-in-1 glue pen along areas of the swirls. I left it to go tacky (it will go clear) and then added some foiling to give it some sparkle. I chose the dark brown foil from the Transfer Foil pack.
Some finishing touches were the ribbons, flower and greeting board, and I added some already cut paper snowflakes which I had stuck around the card.
Here's your quick step by step and shopping list. Enjoy!
S57321 Stix 2 layer Perfect Tool.
S57269 Stix 2 Tape Runner
S57100 Stix 2 Silicone adhesive
Stix 2 2-in-1 glue pen
S57109 Stix 2 Transfer foils
S57275 Stix 2 Snowflakes
JG5284 Woodware Jolly Holly stamp
Gold Mirror card
Papers (I used Dovecraft Winter Blooms)
Hobbycraft Mini Christmas signs
Stazon ink - Cloudy sky
Brunzeel Aquarel Expressions pencils
Sakura Stardust pens
Sakura Micron pen 0.1