Thursday 11 December 2008

Happy new year.. fancy a bit of cake?

No.. I've not lost the plot.. lol.. That's the title of the new challenge over on the Lili of the Valley Challenge Blog this week. There are some lovely cards by the Design Team again, go over and take a look.

Here's my take on this weeks theme.



I used the lovely DCWV Christmas glitter pad to add that little bit of sparkle. The die cut was LOTV and I added 3D gloss to his eyes for a bit of sparkle. The numbers are Papermania.

Now before I forget, I know I've not shown this cake on here..

Quite ingenious eh? It's a Christmas cake that's been stamped with a High Hopes Christmas image.. how do you do that you're asking??

Well.. if you use food colouring instead of inks, (a bit of trial and error with the 'how much to use'), you can stamp on the cake. You need to make sure that the stamp is a clean, never been used before stamp so it's food compatible. You can also colour with the food colouring too..

Anyone fancy a slice?? Well check out the blog HERE for a better look.

16 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Jo!! this cake is Fabulous and what a neat idea!!...Thanks so much for letting me know!!..Love your card too....Super Cute!!...Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so well done, and hard to even believe! I never saw anything like this before. Its pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be the sweetest cake I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is so cute Jo and I love the cute kitty. Your cake is fabulous and looks so yummy.. Hope you don't mind but I have featured this on the High Hopes blog so everyone can admire your creation. Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!!! That is awesome! I love that stamp (it's my new blog header). This is so wonderful....I jsut love the creativity!! Thank you for sharing.
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I never would have thought of stamping on a cake. How very cool. Your mouse card is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome cake!!! I would hate to eat it because it is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Jo,
    loving your LOTV card its fab especially love the champers!
    the cake is ingenious where will our stamps take us next.......



    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake looks fantastic! What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a neat idea, i think i might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jo, you are so clever and what a great use for your stamps, absolutely brilliant :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever. I really like this idea, would I be able to use a stamp after using it for food colouring? Or would it be spoiled? Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool card and that cake is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips