Monday 2 July 2012

Mrs Wellington...

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Today is a very special day.... after many changes, upsets and alterations, the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge blog is back up and running. Me and Geraldine have taken over the running of the blog, and I must admit, it's going from strength to strength... We have a new Design Team who are absolutely fantastic.. Please go over to take a look at their fab work.. it's amazing!

here is my card for the first challenge, ANYTHING GOES..

I decided that I wanted to create a feminine card so opted to use the Lucy Cromwell papers and the Wellington topper. But to make it more feminine, I added a bow to Wellingtons head.. I think it looks abit cute!

The flowers were made from scraps of paper, just coiled around and stuck down.

so.. what else have I been upto this past week or so... well, working on magasine commissions and also trying to sort out the Crafty Bloggers Network to get it up and running, and making it stronger than it was before.. I've also been playing around with our new acquisition! It was decided that we needed a smaller camera to carry around when visiting places.. so we just bought a Fuji finepix... I must say... I'm suitably impressed!

Here is a couple of quick snaps taken on the supermacro setting.. they were really quick photos as it was chucking it down with rain..

These were a couple of petunias in my hanging basket. Love the vein-y contrast!

And this one is my two boys together - one son who has just returned from the Carribean, so is looking very nicely suntanned (and also a bit tired.. lol) ... and my woofer - who is such a poser whenever he sees a camera!

I will try to get back on more often to post more pictures - believe me.. I've alot to show you! I need more time me thinks.. lol.

Please check out the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge though... you'll love to play along, I'm sure.

Until next time.. happy crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Ah lovely card Jo, nice to see your boys as well. We have a Springer cross King Charles so sweet and nutty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Jo, and lovely photos, especially of the boys lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo, I love Wellington with a bow and the pretty coloured papers are beautiful.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Jo, loving the stitching it really pops on the card. The photo's are great too, love the flower one as you can so much detail of the flower. Your two boys look well too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card hun & glad to be working with you over on CBN :D

    Ger x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh drats....i just sent you a lovely note on here congratulations and all and it went poof and didn't show.....oh well i was longwinded as usual but LOVE LOVE LOVE readin and keepin up with you here...its my warm n fuzzy moment when i feels closest to you Sis! Love the pics and card!!! But we really outta find time for a real chat...skype or msn or something!! Hugz n loads of love from Canada xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card... Wellington's adorable, and I really like the combination of papers you've done. Dog is clearly a photographic diva!!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips