Friday 12 October 2012

Die cut Inspiration #1

Hello again!

I told you I'd pop back and show you a little card. This is one of the first Christmas cards I've made this year (apart from demo samples of course) and I love how it came together.

This is one I did for Craft class the other day, and it was simply because I wanted to use my new die. See it? The one across the top?? Isn't it lovely??!!

I reckon I'm quickly starting to become addicted to using dies more and more, and this is one I knew I needed (it is a need, right??) when I saw it. Pretty much like the new ones that Docrafts have bought out this past week or so. Have you seen them?? Oooh they are lovely.

Here's a little peep of a couple of them..

This one is by the lovely Becky James... card designer extraordinaire... and features the new frame die.


And a fantastic scrapbook page from Beckie Dreyer featuring one of the birdhouses...

Great aren't they?

Anyway.. onto today's card, and my Die cut inspiration is the border die for this card.


You can see just how perfectly it frames the top of the card. (and I just noticed the bow has fallen off!) And I think it's really pretty too.


I've coloured the image in with pencils, then added a little bit of liquid applique and glitter glue to the hat rim.


I did dab down the liquid applique with my finger around the hat so that it didn't puff up too soon as I was heating it.

I am going to enter a few challenges with this card too.. just because I haven't entered any for a while..





6 comments:

  1. I love this card Jo such a cute image loving the die :). I adore my die's and yes they are a need and don't let anyone tell you different lol.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, such an amazing card! LOVE your darling image--and the coloring is so fabulous! LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...what more can i say....like always...FABULOUS!!!! Love the diecut snowflakey border!!! See i knew you were up to Christmas stuff!!! ;-)xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW fab card :-) then again all your cards are amazing :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW fab card :-) then again all your cards are amazing :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love the colours and your layout, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips