Friday 26 October 2012

Ewwwww..... how did that happen??

I can't believe time if flying like it has over the past few weeks... maybe it's just me, slowing down with age? (I hope not quite so soon... lol)

This past couple of weeks have been a little quieter, things are settling down a little now in time for Christmas, and I even got time to make a start on some much needed Christmas cards for my lovely neighbour, Becky, who requested a few special ones.

I've also had a flying visit down to Docrafts - I can't reveal too much, but needless to say I am soooooo looking forward to you seeing it. YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I know me and Sheila do, as we were ooooohing and ahhhhhhhing together in harmony!

So... Christmas cards.... I thought it was about time I broke into the kit I bought a while ago from Create and Craft... well, more like a few kits! ... and make a start. I did actually once say to Dawn, from Kanban, that this style of crafting wasn't really me... but as I've seen today, I can actually work with whatever comes my way and quite enjoy it!!

So here are the start of my Christmas card posts...


First things first.... a cute little doggy! How can I not be inspired when there's a dog on the loose in my crafty box??

I kept the card quite simple, basic matting and layering, and added some mirror card to the layers for shine. Not very often that I use mirror card, but as the designs had it built in, I felt I needed it..

Here's the second card for today... good old Santa himself. Love this image too - and again, simple layering to keep focus on the main image.


I did add a little bit of glitter to this one too, for a bit of sparkle..


I WILL be back tomorrow to show you a few more bits and bats.... and I can hear you wondering why! Well, a very special person called Kathy (whose work I have loved for like yeeeeears since I recieved a little mini book!) has started a group on Facebook to inspire us to blog more.. it's called a card a day, and you can find it HERE if you want to tag along and rejig that blogging bug - I know I need to!


8 comments:

  1. Such cute cards Jo there are simply lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww Jo they are just so super cute! I love them both.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Jo,love the fab images and great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no you have said the C word! Now I will have to accept that they need starting :) Lovely cards, keeping it simple and matting and layering was the perfect way to go with them. Smashing!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job with these Jo - I really struggle with image-based stuff, always feel it's a bit of a "cheat" - even though it isn't really - or maybe it's just because I'm mad?...no, don't answer that.

    Thanks for the a Card a Day plug ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jo...where DO you get all your lovely inspiration??? Absolutely charming cards...and of course we must have glitter..they wouldn't be complete without glitter!!! xoxo love ya loads hun :o)

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips