Monday 14 January 2013

Catching up... or starting anew??

I'm really not sure where my head has been this past few weeks, but it's really not been connecting with the old blogging malarky... lol.

However, as one of my Resolutions for 2013, I am going to practice being more organised, and try not to leave everything to the last minute. For those who know me, know I have always had Procrastination as my middle name. It certainly doesn't help with the stress at times, and I know it doesn't help with my anxiety problems.. !

So.. I'm here. Making an appearance on my blog. Something relatively new to me for this year so far.. but I really wanted to share with you a few more projects, as I often get asked to at my demo's.


Firstly, I want to share a card I made for a recent show down at Create and Craft. I was working with a few of the wonderful Capsule Collections from Papermania / Docrafts, and the Parkstone Pink is one of my favourites. I just really like the subtle shading of the pinks, the plaids are so pretty and the extra embellishments you get work really well.

Here you can see that I've used some of the Blitters (glittery flowers) and one of the borders. I've also added a strip of the glitter papers as these are really lovely!


I was asked at my demo on Saturday, by a few ladies who had watched the show, how I created the leaves as they had missed the start of that demo. Quite simply, fold a piece of green card in half, cut a rough leaf shape from it and plonk it in your ribbler and wind it through.

Now, for those that don't know.. this is a paper ribbler -


I'm pretty sure you will find one at a craft shop near you. They are relatively cheap but are great fun!

The next card I want to share with you is this one..


I have combined a couple of paper ranges for this card, namely the Lincoln Linen capsule collection and the Vintage Notes. I have done a little bit of inking edges and distressy-scratchy-rippy type of effect on some of the layers. Not my style usually, but I think that it works really well with these papers.

I've added a few embellishments - bows and blitters again - to give it a bit of pizazz. I hope you like it as much as I have enjoyed making it!

So.. tomorrow, I'm continuing with my cutting out - today was the day for printing, printing, printing of some new Papermania CD's that are due to come to your screen this week.. and tomorrow will be the cutting, sticking and the general fun part!!

I will promise to try and do a new post everyday. I am planning my blogging routine in my head as we speak.. and as soon as I am done here, it will be going down on paper! How organised for me eh?!

Well.. I hope you get to see some of the new ranges of papercrafts in a store near you ... pop along and see some of our Docrafts demonstrators for a few ideas and a little bit of inspiration. I know you'll enjoy your day. You can check out the events section on the Docrafts website - www.docrafts.com to see where your nearest one will be.

Until next time,
Happy Crafting everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous Jo. I love the pretty colours and papers and your layouts are fabulous too
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I especially like the second one, you've chosen beautiful papers to put together!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips