Tuesday 8 April 2014

A rose is a rose....

Morning all.... 

Sorry it's taken a few days to get a few samples on here for you, but I've been out working this weekend... I was out at Sophies in Oldham doing a demo for Docrafts on Saturday, and then at the Range in Bolton on Sunday. It's been quite a busy weekend, and thank you to all the lovely ladies and gents who popped by to keep me company and share ideas. It was lovely seeing some new faces. 

Here's one of the cards that I had with me in my samples boxes. And it is mainly to show the different ways you can use embossing folders. 


The embossing folder I used on here is the 6 inch square rose embossing folder, Rose Frame. And it is so pretty... But for this card, I embossed the corner of the folder onto the top of the oval die cut.

As the Artiste inks are on 3 for 2 at the moment in store, I have inked up with a few colours to make the rose stand out a little.

The papers are from the Gorjuss pack, and they are so beautiful and pretty. Love them lots!


The lettering on the card above, and the one below, are from the Xcut alphabet dies, two different sets.

This card below has the roses embossed onto a tan coloured card and also cream. I tried to keep the card quite simple, and I think it works well.



Again, the roses and embossing details were shaded over with a few colours of ink and the strips of paper on this card were crumpled before inking over with brown ink. This just added to the distressed look.

The hearts were pricked around with a pricking tool, and a few gems added for that bit of sparkle!


I hope you like today's card... I have got the next post sorted and I know what I'm posting... so check back in a couple of days and it'll be updated. Yes... I know... promises, promises, but I have a busy week and need to schedule! lol.

Until next time... happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. awwww looooove this idea :-) thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame, I didn't know you were in Bolton at the Range or I would have stopped and said hello on my way home from my son's. Gorgeous cards as always.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely embossing folder Jo, beautiful cards with fab colouring:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. just to say thanks for the lovely day at Beverley garden centre, hope to see you again soon, meanwhile am starting to play with the header dies - love Gill xxx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips