Sunday 22 June 2014

A little bit of Heaven...

Evening all... 

So sorry that I haven't been about alot over the last month (really.... that long???) but things took over and time was a little limited to sit and play at blogging... 

but I'm here. And I've lots of lush things to show you, but for tonight, for my quick blog post, I thought I would share with you, my little piece of heaven where we spent five days for my birthday. 

My wonderful daughter decided to book us a few days away at a wonderful place called Longlands in Devon. Honestly, I didn't want to come home... I could have quite happily have squatted in me ol' tent forever. Yes.. you heard me right... tent... and this is it... 


I mean, it's not camping per-se but never the less, it was a fantastic week spent under canvas. To be truthful, it was glamping. The safari tent had running water, albeit not hot unless you lit the water heater, a loo, and beds... but no electricity, no tv, and no cooking facilities unless you lit the wood burner. And it was idyllic. We spent most of our evenings sat out on the veranda looking out at wonderful sunsets and scenic views. After dark, there was absolutely NO light whatsoever, so you could see every single star in the sky. It was totally amazing. 


We did get out an about, and spent our days doing different things together and alone. Carley and Martina decided they wanted to do surfing, so one day they went to do that whilst me and their dad nipped off to Clovelly and surrounding areas. It was perfectly sunny and warm most of the time, a little rain mid week, but nothing that stopped us doing anything... and how perfect is this view?!


We also went on an Exmoor Safari with the excellent host, Neil. A very knowledgable and lovely guy who gave us a great tour around places everyone can go, and people can't go... so it was very special. 

The views were amazing from Exmoor, and the tales told, views seen, information absorbed and places visited were all absolutely fantastic. 


And look at this little beauty... Exmoor ponies at their best. We saw lots of wild ponies close to the landrover, and were pleased that the babies were not too shy to say hello. We also saw lots of wild deer, buzzards and more.


All in all, we had a fantastic week, and it seems so distant now.. but we are planning a return visit next year... for a little longer next time. Same place - Longlands - as it would be lovely to see Bella and the team again. And of course her three little puddytats who came to say hello quite often. This was especially nice as our three furbabies were having a little holiday of their very own in the care of Andrea and James at Holmewood kennels. Very spoilt, chicken and tuna handfed babies they were too! No wonder they didn't want to come home!

Anyway... it was only a quick post... I promise I will be back quicker next time... please keep checking by and say hello. It would be lovely to see you back. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips