Thursday 22 May 2014

Just a note...

Oh what a morning it is.... after nearly a week of lovely, sunny and hot weather, it has decided to rain... and rain is a slight understatement!! It chucked it down!

So today, I have decided to dig into the past and find something really colourful and springlike. 

These two cards were projects I made for previous issues of Cardmaking and Papercraft magasine. And I admit, this top one is my favourite... totally different to something I would normally make, but I enjoyed using toppers and card candi, keeping the card quite simple but pretty. 


I added a little bit of glitter and sparkle to the outside edges of the layers to decorate it up a little more.


This was a simple little stamped image, made for a Thank you card. I opted for a lovely stamp of a cute little girl (Woodware, I think!) and did a bit of paper piecing for her dress and bow.


Paper piecing is a great way of adding colour to your projects if you are not brilliant at colouring. It can be a bit tricky, but is worthwhile persevering with as it can give you a great look on your project.

I added glitter around this one too, then finished it off with a few little gems here and there.

Onto today's schedule, I am back to making samples and hoping to fit in a little colouring and stamping later again. Yesterday, I did a bit of a one-to-one teaching with my sister in law, showing her the glories of colouring with pencils (bulk standard, cheap colouring pencils, or watercolour) and blending with a little bit of essential oils. I will try to do a video at some point for this this week, as I have been asked quite often.

It is a bit of a misconception that you need special pencils to do a blended technique, you absolutely don't. I do have prismacolour and polychromos pencils and the like, but generally just use my £12 box of steadtler pencils and they do exactly the same... !

Well... onto work ... and I will get back to chat a little more tomorrow...

Happy crafting everyone!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great tip about the pencils Jo, thanks for that! Looking forward to the tutorial.

    Two great cards, love tbe card candi one especially:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips