Tuesday 14 July 2015

A little bit of vintage....

Mmmmmmm.... these new products from Tonic are really beautiful if I say so myself!!

Hi folks. I thought - seeing as I had a few minutes - I would share a couple of makes that I created for the shows I bought to Create and Craft at the weekend. As you may know, Tonic had the One Day Wonder, and it was down to me to introduce all of you wonderful crafters to the lusciousness of the Momento Frames and matching paper and card packs. 

Look at the card below to see just how beautiful it goes together. We had a range of cardstock - 10 sheets in all, 5 different romantic pinky tones at a lovely 216gsm, which worked together with the beautiful backing papers. Now. These aren't papers! They are more like a thin cardstock, 230gsm which is perfect for your diecutting and also for producing matching boxes for your card projects. 

They have a very old fashioned, cottage-y, vintage feel to them, and I had to pull in the reins to stop myself from completely using my packs!! 


The card above was made using a chocolate brown base and had an acetate frontage to it, on which I placed my topper. The sentiment was cut from one of the horizontal sheets in the paper pack - of which you get a total of two horizontals, and two verticals, so there are lots to go at!  The papers are also full 12 x 12 inch sheets, so you get lots out of it if you stick to making smaller cards, which are perfect for this size topper. I made a 5 3/4 inch card, which on a score board is the half A4 line, then turned and scored on half A4 again, and you can see the topper is a great fit.


The topper was cut out using the largest of the Momento Regency Layering frames, you get six in the pack of these, and then I just used an acetate layer and layers of card to create the desired type of frame. This was all stuck together with foam pads and glue. I added some nuvo drops to the edges of the frames as you can see.


The swirls were the acorn leaves from the Rococo petite range from a while ago, and the back part of the flower is the buttercup from the Entwining Trellis dies. The resin flower is a button I had, and I cut the back off and stuck it all together with my Tonic Glue Gun.

In contrast to the feminine girly card above, how about something more masculine?

I decided to use an image I had coloured quite a while ago, and cut it out with the Regency frames again. Doesn't it look different??


I picked up the colours from the pens I had used to colour and layered again onto dark brown cardstock. I think this must be my new favourite colour!!

I added some pricking detail around the edge of the top section for interest mainly... I don't really do inky edges, but wanted something to lift it a little... so pricky picky dots did the trick.


Well... I hope you liked the shows at the weekend, just as much as I enjoyed bringing them to you. It's a great little collection of dies, card and paper to work with, and I'm sure those who receive it will just LOVE it!

Show me what you do with it if you have ordered and recieved it... it would be lovely to see.

Until next time...... happy Crafting!
Jo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips