Tuesday 28 July 2015

Cheers!

Good evening you lovely folks.... 

Sorry I haven't been around for a while this last week or so, things have been a bit manic - what with decorating, work, appointments, family time and a bit of 'us' time - time has just run away with me and it's been over a week since I came on here... I can't quite believe it! 

It has been nice though - we had a lovely meal out at the Hare and Tortoise near Rossington, Doncaster, and I can highly recommend it.... beautiful food and lovely staff. A definate to go again!

So.... onto tonights little project bundle and as you may guess, there's a new Pick of the Day on tonight being bought by Tonic Studios, and our lovely Jodie. I thought I would share with you a couple of my samples for the show which shows how you can use the dies for boxes and cards. 


This little card is DL in size, which is an A4 card scored at 10.5cm and folded then trimmed to create a tall card.

I cut the front of the card with the outer edge of one of the panel dies from the wine wrap and then cut out a sentiment - I chose Cheers - from white card. I layered this onto the back of the aperture and  stuck it in place. I had also inked the embossing and around the edges, but you can leave it plain if you wanted to.

The letters emboss so is perfect to give a little extra detail to your project, and the leafy swirls around the letters are just so pretty. I layered it up onto pearlescent tan cardstock, then mounted onto the card.  I chose a ribbon to match the tan in the layers.


My topper is so cute... I totally enjoyed colouring this little beauty. She is a digi stamp from Tiddlyinks. I thought she would make a great topper to say Cheers....

In addition to the card, I also used the same colourways to create a wine box with the same dies.


I kept it quite simple, cutting out the wording from the base colour cardstock and also white, and layered them up to give them a shadow effect. a simple ribbon layer and some pearly Nuvo drops in white finish the centre of the bottle. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of the shows tonight and tomorrow... I know I will. These are fantastic dies with so much potential!

Until next time..... xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips