Wednesday 7 October 2015

It's your Big Day....

Evening all.... 

Phew - bed at last! It feels like a very long day today, I don't know why.... started off by visiting a special friend this morning, going to get a Gratitude Journal - more on that another day! Coming home to take receipt of a VERY special gift from my buddy Cheryl which had been sent home via the hubby's!  It's funny really how you come across people in life and immediately have that familiarity with... that's me and Cheryl. We've only known each other for a very short while, and our paths crossed via a cup of coffee being had in Barnsley and Create and Craft in Peterborough! Very wierd - both husbands knew each other from work, but we had never spoke! Now it's like we are very much alike - too similar in alot of ways it's scary!!!

Anyway..... What has your day been like?

I thought I would just pop along and show you two more of my Chalkboard cards. I am so glad that you've all been enjoying looking through the gallery on the Tonic Gold site, checking out everyone's cards - and there are some corkers on there too!

But I think the Chalkboard is my current favourite... I love the frames and the way they come with the sentiments that mix and match. This one is the 'It's your Big Day' set of frames and stamps, but as you can see, I've just changed the sentiments in the centre. 


I cut some of the card using the outside edge only, and left some card with the design only, then played with arranged the layout until I was happy with the layers then stuck it all together. 

Being a stamper and a colourererer.... lol.... I thoroughly enjoyed creating this little card below. 


I decided to use some of the Tonic background papers to match in with the colours I had used on the stamped image - a download from the Tiddly Inks website... love it!! 

The wording was taken from the inside part of the die set, cut from different colours then layered up and paper pieced accordingly. The topper I coloured was cut from oval layering dies and placed into the centre of the chalkboard frame. 

It's a perfect fit as you can see, so even if Chalkboard is not your style, there are elements of the sets that you can use to coordinate with your existing crafting arsenal. 

I hope that you like today's selection of cards.... Back to share more inspiration soon! 

until then... 
Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips