Thursday 6 August 2009

Roses are red...

Dilly Dilly... this must have been the first piece of music I played on the piano - many many moons ago now - Aaaaaaahhhhhh memories!

Right. Down to business.

I have taken a bit of time out this week before starting on another big magasine commission, which has given me time to get a bit of personal crafting done.

Carley's 'mum and dad in law-ish' were celebrating their Ruby Wedding Anniversary this week and they all went out for a lovely meal. I made them a special card, and this is it -

Making wedding anniversary cards is about the only time my Bookatrix board comes out of hiding. In fact, I have most of the older Keepsake boards, but never use them as I prefer to use the Eazi Box and Eazi Score boards.

I decided to make the colours a lovely ruby red and cream, which I got from the Papermill and on the cream card I went over with a wheel from Stampin Up which had been rolled over a ruby red ink. The topper was created with paper flowers, and here it is in more detail.

I used some pearly beads to finish and to add a little bit of height. I haven't made one of these cards for a while now, and I reckon it turned out quite nice.

It's also been someone's birthday this week, and I'll show you the card I made -

The lady who is recieving the card loves to bake, and apparantly makes the most delicious cakes, so I thought I'd use this cutey decoupage from Forever Friends. Here it is in close up -

This is all for now.. hope you like them.

Take care,
Love Jo x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo,Firstly i would like to thank you for your kind words and thoughts regarding my sister it's really appreciated.
    Then there are your cards they are both brilliant i adore the ruby wedding one its gorgeous:)
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips