Sunday 2 August 2009

Time for a Challenge?

I am absolutely loving my time over at the Rosie Dees Challenge blog as part of their DT, and this week is no exception.

We are on the theme of holidays this month and to kick start us all off, we have a fantastic sketch.

Here it is -
I immediately thought of making a birthday card, as I have a few coming up at the end of the month. I also love the August Bank Holiday. I like the fact that the nights are drawing in again and we're on the last countdown to that dreaded ''C'' Time! So, I've used autumn colours courtesy of My Mind's Eye papers, and here's my sneek peek for this week. You can see the card in full, along with the rest of the DT cards over on the blog.

I can also reveal today, my full card from last week's challenge too. As you remember, I showed you a peek last week.. here's the rest of it.

The card last week was a sympathy or thinking of you card. I hate making Sympathy cards, so opted for the latter, although this card could be used for either.

I used a spotlighting technique and the card was finished off with copics. I used black and red card, and the stamp was a new set I had bought from the Whichcraft show at the Dome in Doncaster - isn't it lovely?? It is a Magenta set - Garden Flower Tiles (I think!) The greeting was made with Doodlebug rubons, available through Docrafts stockists.  I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips