Thursday 8 September 2011

Embossed sleigh

Well... I'm not sure what happened with my prescheduled post .. but it's here now. Sorry it didn't upload as promised!

There's something quite magical about sleigh's at Christmas.. well, I think so anyway. So when I got this stamp in the Goody Bag from Docrafts, I had to ink it up straight away and get it stamped! 


I decided to use silver embossing powder and pigment ink to give it some shine, and in the photograph below, you can see what detail there is in the stamp. I cut out a second layer of the sleigh (my poorly fingers!!) and layered it up. I love the fact you can add some dimension in this way. I didn't want to make the image too fussy, so I added an effect on the background card to lighten it a little.

I hope you like today's card.

This weekend, I'm up at Lambton Garden Centre, in County Durham doing a demo from 10am to 4pm on Saturday. If you're passing, it would be lovely to see you. I must fly now to get cracking on some sample making.

Happy Crafting everyone!!

1 comment:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips