Friday 23 September 2011

Especially for Vala...

I promised a long time ago that I would do a little tutorial for a mini album that was at my demonstrations with me a few months ago. So, as promised to Vala, here you go!


The first thing you need to do is to cut your mountboard for the covers. These measure 4 inches x 4 inches. You will also need your three pages, measuring 8 inches x 4 inches.


Score your pages at 2 inches and 6 inches from the short edge. Fold these edges in to create pages measuring 4 inches x 4 inches.


The first two pages go together by sticking the squares together. Stick them back to back as shown.


The third page sticks together on the 2 inch section at the right. Apply your adhesive and stick together as shown below.


This is the book pages and how they stick together.


Holding the book pages at the end, you can see how they are joined.


Cover the book covers. I cover them the same inside and out.


Use whatever you choose for your binding. I have punched holes in this one for the easiest, but usually I would use my Bind it All to put it all together.


This is how the pages go into the book.. the top is the first page. 


Decorate your book pages. I cut my squares for the main panel to 3 3/4 inches square and the side panels are cut to 1 3/4 inches x 3 3/4 inches.

A very quick decoration of the front of the book.. I used Tatty Teddy decoupage and here you can see the tied ribbons holding it all together.

I hope that all makes sense.. I didn't have time to do a video tutorial for it. Any questions, just ask!

1 comment:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips