Wednesday 13 February 2013

Fancy a brew?

Hi everyone.. 

It's been a very busy day today in the Craft Room. I needed to sort and empty all my items from my shows yesterday, to make room for other items needed for projects for class! It may just need an eensy-teensy tidy up tomorrow when I venture in there, or I fear I may never uncover my desk again!!

Yes, today, it was Craft Class day. The evening I enjoy with my lovely group of wonderful ladies who come along to play create a few projects I've designed. Today we did a little heat embossing with a twist, and quite alot of die cutting using some of my favourites of the moment. 

And talking of favourites... take a look-see at this... 


It's the new Tea Party dies from Xcut and Docrafts. They. Are. Fab!!!

I have been inspired by the lovely Becky and used the postcard from the chronology range, and teamed it up with a few die cut cogs and some papers. I wasn't too sure about it to start off with, but I think it looks rather good. The Chronology range is definately growing on me - I think it's one of the ranges you need to use more and more to see it coming alive.

Here is a little close up of the cog. This is a die cut, and I've used a little technique to create the stippling effect on it. Makes it look a little more aged, dont'cha think?


Still can't convince you about the beauty of die cutting? Well, what about this one?

I have used the same dies as above to create this little wonderment, but as you can see, I've been quite selective on what bits I wanted to use. I thought I'd keep it nice, clean and simple. My favourite style.


The cupcakes were cut from the long strip and the tea cups were two seperate dies in the package. There are loads of different elements within the Build a Scene dies, I'm sure you're not going to be disappointed with any of the sets.

 A little close up of the cup. I've added a button and a gem to the front of the cup to give it a little blingy doo-dah.

The embossing folder is used as is, no inking, no nothing. The only thing I inked was the obligatory edges. I really think you need to ink the edges of these dies to get the best out of them. It just takes them to another dimension!
The colours I kept quite neutral.. soft aquas and silver greys. I combined it with kraft. {now who can go wrong with a little of the brown beauty?!}

I hope you all enjoyed the projects today. I will be sure to try and get back on again tomorrow.. after all, I will have the craft class samples to show you by then!

Take care everyone - snow if forcast for later, so stay safe!!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHh i LOVE the colours you used!!! ITs all lovely...Honestly woman, you NEVER make an ugly card!!!! They are all so classy and adorable!!! oxoxo love ya Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo they are lovely, as usual. Have to agree with you about the build a scene dies, had 2 sets in my kit but had to buy the other 2 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking bloomin brilliant today Jo - and fancy that, I've just posted a card on my blog using the 'postcard' topper - great minds and all that (plus it's darn right lovely) A while ago docrafts brought out a postcard embossing folder but it wasn't out for very long (boo!) use your magic to get docrafts to release it again, pleeeeaaassse :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips