Monday 12 October 2009

A great Charity weekend!

This weekend saw an Appeal weekend down at Lakeside Outlet Centre here in Doncaster, on behalf of the Support our Soldiers charity that I'm Area Coordinator for.



I've been doing this for nearly two years, starting out with Christmas parcels for the Dogs. Last year, I managed to coordinate around 100 parcels for the Santa Christmas appeal and loads more throughout the year. I've also managed to gather in some Get Well cards to send off to the Service Hospitals too.

The letters that I recieve back here are always so thankful for everything and I know that the parcels, gifts, cards and letters are all very much appreciated.

This month sees the start of the Christmas Appeal for 2009.



As I said at the beginning of the post, the appeal really started for me at Lakeside Village in Doncaster. I was approached by a lovely lady called Patsy who asked if she could help in any way and as the conversations went on, it was decided that she would hold a two day event at Lakeside. I managed to get her some merchandise - keyrings, wristbands, magnets, badges etc that she could sell on, and she managed to get hundreds of shoeboxes to give out.

There were printed leaflets and flyers too that were handed out on the day, so hopefully a few parcels will be ready to be sent off as my addresses come through.

The one thing I was very humbled about, is how the public have donated to this cause.. After adding up the totals for the cash collection boxes on both the Saturday and Sunday, we raised in excess of £400! This will be used to purchase extra goodies for the boxes and more merchandise for future events.

I am now on the look out for more Get Well cards to send on to the hospitals, some Christmas cards to put into the Gift Boxes and used postage stamps to help raise funds.

If you have any of these items, and would love to donate, please contact me. I can assure you that every single one will be sent onto the relevant addresses and will be much appreciated.

Now.. I have lots of money to put into money bags properly before making a dash to the bank to deposit it! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips