Wednesday 21 October 2009

Where has this week gone?

It's been a funny ol' week so far.. no time to get on here to show you some little arty-farty bits, and already it's nearly Thursday! Tomorrow, I'm off down to the outskirts of Birmingham for a bit of craftyness with some ladies..

So, for now, here's a little bit of show and tell..


These are pictures of one of the cards I have got lined up for my ladies tomorrow. I have used the Level 3 hostess set- Garden Dream (117624)  from Stampin Up for the flowers on the card, but as you can see, I've been playing with coloured vellums for these cards.  I can't remember which stamp set the wordings came from, I'll find them and update later.

The framework around the roses came from an embossing board and the ribbon is from my stash.

Here's a little closer look



And here are a few extra bits I made today too.


This card was made using the SU Hung Up on the Holidays stamp set (106770) and the wording is from Old Fashioned Christmas (103020). I have used some watercolour crayons to add shading to the elements of the card, and as you can see, I've done a bit of parchment design for the top and bottom. Here's an arty-farty angle again.

 

The basic idea for these cards came from Monica. Here are her set -



I absolutely love the colours of this set of projects - me thinks I need to case them pretty soon!

Now onto my last card for this evening.. and I must admit, I love the simplicity of this card.

Here's the detail piccy -



And here's the card in full.



I have used an embossing board for the framework and borders, but the images are SU... sorry, but can't remember what set - will pull it out of my SU cupboard and let you know.

I have also added some extra sparkly bits to this card too with glitter stickles gluey-stuff.

Now before I forget, I just want to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Nana, who's birthday it was today. We lost my nana on 5th Nov, 1981, but today she would have been celebrating her 94th birthday - you may not be here in body, but you always are in spirit. xxx

1 comment:

  1. i llove your parchment cards.. they are all wonderful....!! very effective... what ink do you use..??? will re read incase i missed this info... love them all
    kaz__za

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips