Tuesday 6 April 2010

Cluck cluck cluck...

I told you I'd be back didn't I?

Today, I thought I'd share two cards I made the other day for Easter. One was for Carley's in-law's and the other for her and her fella.

Photobucket

This one was for the in-law's.

Carley's dad-in-law shows rabbits, so this wasn't a hard choice of Easter card for them really. I used a Messy Rabbit - love these! I coloured the image with promarkers and the papers are all Stampin' Up. In fact, she came home yesterday with a 'Best in Show' rosette. lol.

Photobucket

This picture shows you a little more detail of the colouring on the rabbit. Love his little tummy.. and the blushy cheeks. Can you see the little bumbles? Soooo cute! They just needed to be put onto the card didn't they? So.. here they are...

Photobucket

They were stamped, coloured, then attached onto little strips of acetate to make them buzz around. I also added a few little sparkles on the wings to give them a bit of bling.

Photobucket

Now.. what sort of Easter card can you give to a young couple having their first Easter together? Well... a couple of Love Ducks!! When I saw this stamp, I thought it could be used for a multitude of different occasions.. and of course, they were soooo cute.. so I just had to buy them.

I coloured the image with copics (yes... I relented and got some more!!) and now I'm in a quandry whether I love my promarkers, or my copics.. I sold my very large collection of copics to Sheila a while ago, and then decided I couldn't live without a few so got a little collection going again.. sigh! Decisions, Decisions.. lol.

Photobucket

Here are the cute little featheries in more detail. As you can see, I layered up the head and chest a little so they had more dimension.. and then added some Stampin' Up Crystal Effects to their beaks and webby feet.

The papers are all Stampin' Up and so are the punches that I used for the greeting. I had decided not to have a typical Easter greeting, as youngsters probably wouldn't want that stuck on their fireplace, so opted for a more comical 'Happy Chucky-egg Day!'.. they loved it, so that's all that mattered. lol.

One last thing - I did say yesterday I had more news.. well....

The other month, Stampin' Up announced that they were having a stand at the Hobbycrafts show in Aintree, Liverpool and needed six people to help out over the three days. I expressed an interest, as we were asked to do, and guess what? Out of all the people that must have entered I got asked to help out! I can't believe it. There are sooo many SU demo's in the UK I didn't think for a minute that I'd get asked.. but I did!!!! So, I'm off to Liverpool for the show, which is on the 23rd to 25th April. Excited? Me... ?? Of course I am!! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips