Saturday 24 April 2010

Old London Town...

Hi again, and thanks for visiting.

I have a very lovely job in crafting, and love everything about it, but sometimes - just sometimes - something comes along that makes me wonder why I ever wanted to do it! Now this card is one of them.

Photobucket

This is a card that has given me a massive headache for the past week. And still it goes on.

As part of my 'job' I take in commissions for cards and things. In fact this week, as I've said before, is quite manic. I have got three different card commissions to finish, a Stampin' Up evening (Thurs) which I had to prep for, a Stampin' Up party yesterday evening, demonstrating at the Liverpool Hobbycrafts show all day today, some project tutorials to do with promarkers, TV show to make samples and demo's for, Kim's projects to chop and sort out for next Saturday, then it's back to project planning for my Docrafts demo's when the kit arrives, hopefully next week. I am then full steam ahead with demo's right through until the beginning of June. Somewhere amidst all the mayhem I have other smaller things to do too.

In between all of this, we have family coming over from Australia in the middle of May. Actually, it will be nice to see them as we haven't for a few years. Now the volcanic ash cloud has lifted and flights have resumed, I think there is a little less panic now on their end knowing they will actually be arriving! lol.

Get back on track Jo!!

The card.

This was one of three cards that were ordered for completion by the 20th. This one was for a gent who is celebrating his 60th birthday, who has built most of London, is a millionaire, and worked (obviously) in construction. But he didn't build with bricks and mortar. He did modules. Now, what on earth are construction modules? Even Mr. Google didn't know! So, as far as I could understand, they were metal things, hence the mirror board. The theme of London is as near as I could get to the brief. Now I've been asked to change the wording along the bottom, so that needs slight adjustment. I just love these Easel cards, they are so effective yet so simple.

The second card I was asked to make is still work in progress. The brief was to make a wedding card for a couple marrying in Cuba. I worked the card using tropical colours and a beach scene. Due to the ash cloud, they were unable to fly out so are now marrying in the UK. The card now needs changing to something more conventional. I will upload the before and after cards later.

Card number three was for a 40th birthday. Completed with lovely decoupage images from Kanban, it was fine and just needed some wording added, but have now been told is unsuitable so needs a total rethink.

You know, I think this just about sums up my week really. If I ever get these three cards finished, I will post them for you to see.

Until then, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips