Friday 7 May 2010

as seen on TV ....

A few folks have emailed me over the last few days to ask if I could upload the cards from last week's show.. so here they are.. Enjoy!

Photobucket

This one was stamped using black dye ink. The shading was made by pulling out the colour from the edges with the Stampin' Up blender pen. The white parts are actually mirror board but didn't photograph well last night.

Photobucket

For this card, I made the ever popular Easel card. These are brilliant for those quick card moments as they look really classy. The colouring was done with promarkers, then a little bit of wishy-washy blue added around the image for the background.

Photobucket
This is the close up of the card below to show the shading that I've done with the promarkers. I usually build up my colours in layers so that you can get a little bit of depth with it.

Photobucket

This is the card in full - complete with matching background papers to the image. I just love the colours in this card. As you can see, the gold mirror card didn't photo well again - bloomin' flash! Again, I added a little bit of wishy-washy colour to the background to add some shading.

Photobucket
Now.. this is the card that Andy picked up on the program. It is actually coloured with promarkers, but if you colour it in really really quickly over the dye stamped image, then the colours will smudge a tiny bit to give you that water colour effect. You can clearly see here how I layered up the colours. I outlined the edges of the image with a cool grey marker to add a little bit of shading to make the image stand out.

Photobucket
The background was created by the little element stamp that came with the set. Just look at these scallop cards.. they are a fantastic board to work with, such a lovely feel and a great weight too.

Right.. I must get flying - I'm doing a very very interesting course today... more details on that over the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips