Friday 7 May 2010

a few for you

Just nipping on this morning to upload a few cards before I go out. I am off out today with the girls to do a copic course. I can't tell you how much I have looked forward to this for the last few weeks, but today? Well...!

Anyway.. back to the cards. These are the ones that some folks have emailed me about over the last few days, as they were shown on TV last week when I was on doing Olivers Orchard.

As I say, just a very quick post... but enjoy!

Photobucket

To create this one, I used dye based ink and the Stampin Up blender pen to 'smudge' the outlines a little to add some shading. The white is actually mirror board in strips with the black, but it didn't photograph very well.

Photobucket

I am loving Easel cards. It's not very often that I make them, but if I'm looking for something a little different, this is what I like to make. They're quick and easy and look quite effective. The image was coloured with Promarkers and had some watercolour around it to give it a slight background.

Photobucket

This must be my favourite card. I just love the colours of it, the papers match in with the stamp sets too. I've actually used the aqua promarkers and normal ones too to colour this image.. here it is in closer detail.

Photobucket

You can see here - as I always say on demo's - don't try to be too tidy with your colouring. I am not a perfect colouring sorta person, as I prefer the more watercoloury effect.

Photobucket

This card was also done with the Pro's. The background of the card was done with the little butterflies that came with the stamp set. The image itself was not shaded perfectly which is what gave it that more fluid look. Andy had commented on the show that it looked like a watercolour, but the colours were more vibrant. Just don't shade it in too much and this is the effect you get. Also, use a dye ink and do a couple of layers of colour over the outlines to soften them.

Photobucket

Here again, you can see the detail. Can you see the outline of the image has a greyish look? That makes it stand out a little more from the page.

Hope you've enjoyed looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips