Tuesday 16 September 2008

Oh Crap!

Sorry for using such an awful word.. but this is one way to describe this week!! There are a few things - well, one major thing! - going on this week that has been sat lurking at the back of my mind for a few months.. But today is D-Day so to speak and I'm feeling a bit emotional today. And no... I'm not sharing at the minute.. only my very very very closest friends know about it!

So, as you can understand, when you're feeling a little low, and someone puts your professionalism in doubt, it really hits hard!! Remembering a quote my mate Nikki came out with yesterday, I really could do with becoming an ostrich!!!! Does anyone know if this works??



The worst thing about hearing what people have to say about you, is hearing it third or fourth hand. Surely if anyone has anything to say, then surely it's better to say it out loud to the person it concerns?? I know I do! I'm too honest I guess! If I have anything to say, I would prefer to say it and get it out in the open in 99% of situations -obviously I'm not too daft to think this works in every case! Haha.

But the thing what really gets to me, is when what someone says is just a complete mistruth about a situation, and when you ask them, they then lie to your face about what was said.... and it seems like they just want to do some damage to your career!

My craft work is not just a hobby, it is my career - I'm self employed as a freelance designer and demonstrator and have tried hard to make it a success.. and it hasn't been that easy most of the time. But I have never had any bad feedback regarding anything I have done - until yesterday - and this is quite a few months after I actually did any work for this person! Original feedback was good... now it's not!

Strange?? I think so!

Anyway.. rant over.. back to sticking my head in the sand - you know, you really can't do it and chat because sand gets in your mouth! LOL

2 comments:

  1. chin up my dear.....
    you are a great person and good at what you do - don't let people get you down!

    x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say, so I'm sending a big hug to you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips