Wednesday 17 September 2008

SOS card and shoebox appeal

I thought I would just try to help out with this appeal too for Emma.

She has been working to gather up loads of cards to send over to our Forces out in the field for Christmas. They recieve them, and can then send them home to loved ones.

I have been doing my bit too, as Area Co-ordinator for the SOS appeal, and like Emma, think they deserve that little bit of something. It's not about the rights and wrongs of the situation out in Afghanistan or Iraq, it's about giving our lads and lassies out there a little bit of something to show they're thought about.

I have been collecting in Get Well Cards, which are sent out to the injured. I've also collected in Happy Birthday cards, general greeting cards for any occasion, and Christmas Cards too. They are all well appreciated.

As some of you know, last year I put together quite alot of parcels for the troops and also the Service Dogs. They were very much appreciated. I will be doing the same this year.

So, if you fancy joining in and filling up a shoebox or two with goodies to send out to our troops, just get in touch..

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, What a wonderful idea, I would more than happy to help. Let me know what you want and I will go to it!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea Jo - let me know what you need from me!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips